Tel: 416-494-3034 Email us
D Jay Entertainment is proud to be one of the Canadian Special Events Industry's Reader's Choice Awards Finalists 3 years in a row in the Favorite Event Entertainer Category.
Our company was built on the principle of providing the best entertainers available in the marketplace. These entertainers would not only be of top quality, but they would also adhere to a code of ethics. (See below)
D Jay's Training and Experience:
Graduate Toronto School of Drama 1972
Graduate Seneca College School of Television Production 1974
Graduate Leah Posluns Theatre School 1986
Graduate Seneca College School of Clowning 1987
Graduate Ed Meyers School of Magic 1996
Played guitar and sang with folk rock groups at coffee houses in Toronto and overseas 1972-1981
Appearances in plays, television shows and movies
Only Toronto area Entertainer to be voted one of the best 13 times
Voted Toronto's Best Family Entertainer 2004
Inaugural Inductee into "The Best of Toronto Hall of Fame”
Clowns Canada Best Overall Clown Competition placed 2nd out of 110 performers
Over 8,000 performances as a Magician/Clown/Balloon Artist since 1986
Clown Competitions Judge
Member I.B.M., Hat & Rabbit Club, Clowns Canada, Toronto Clown Alley
Past President Toronto Clown Alley
Published author of 2 magic books
Written articles for Entertainment Newsletters
As D Jay the Entertainer, featured on many programs including: The D.J. Demers Show, Urban Legends, Million Dollar Neighborhood, Toronto's Got Talent, Planet Parent, TVO Kids, City TV news and Breakfast Television
A Performers Code Of Ethics
1. I will keep my acts, performance and behavior in good taste at all times. I will remember that a good performer entertains by making fun of themselves and does not get laughter at the expense or embarrassment of others.
2. I will strive to achieve the best that I can with my costume and/or makeup and appear clean and neat at all times. I will always try to remain anonymous while in makeup and costume as a clown, though there may be circumstances when it is not reasonably possible to do so.
3. An entertainer should never drink any alcoholic beverage prior to a performance or appearance, nor should he/she drink any alcoholic beverage while in costume and/or makeup.
4. An entertainer should not smoke while in costume and/or makeup and in public. If you are a smoker, make sure that you have a good supply of breath mints to take before meeting the public.
5. An entertainer should never touch anyone in an inappropriate way especially while in costume and/or makeup.
6. While on appearance, in costume and/or makeup, I will carry out the directives of the Producer or his designated deputies. I will abide by all performance rules without complaint in public.
7. I will abide by a professional code of business ethics.